CALL FOR 2021 ANNUAL VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ABSTRACTS
The International Organization of African Nurses Annual Virtual Conference will be held Virtually on Friday October 15 to Saturday October 16, 2021. The annual conference provides members and non-members who are actively working on projects on the African continent the opportunity to share findings of their research, innovations, and evidence-based practices that are positively contributing to healthcare outcomes in Africa. We are also interested in any theoretical, conceptual, and methodological projects being developed or being implemented in Africa with the main goal of moving nursing and health care forward. The conference will also serve as a platform for exposing ideas or models that could potentially help in developing solutions to healthcare problems in Africa. The 2021 conference theme is “The Future of Nursing in a Post-Pandemic World".
General Guidelines for Abstract Submission
1. All abstracts should be submitted via https://ioanurses.nursingnetwork.com/page/95943-
2. Abstracts must be submitted by 5 PM (US Central time zone) on July 31, 2021. Notifications will be sent out by August 15, 2021.
3. Topics of interest to IOAN include the following: Lessons learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic; Diversity, equity, and inclusion in Nursing; Nursing workforce training and wellbeing; social determinants of health; and public health initiatives.
4. The abstract submission should contain a title page that includes the following information: title of the presentation; authors and their credentials (primary presenting author should be bolded); affiliations, contact information, and a short biography describing expertise related to the topic. The title page should not exceed one page.
5. The abstract body should not be more than 300 words long and should include the following sections: a. Study purpose of problem statement b. Background and significance of study c. Methods d. Results e. Discussion and Implications for Practice.
6. If accepted, the primary presenting author will be notified via email. Once notified, the primary presenting author will have 30 days to accept or decline the invitation to present. This notification should be completed by September 30 2021.
7. After accepting to present, the primary presenting author will be required to complete a conflict-of-interest form and an activity planning form. These should be submitted within 15 days of accepting the invitation to present.